I'm a novice to Crystal and have version XI. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is the problem I've encountered:
I need to suppress the MAIN report's Detail Section. When I suppress or hide the Detail section , then it seems to disable
the running of the sub report SubReportReplate. When this happens, then I can't get the ReplateDownTime value I need to use in another subreport. Please see code below. I also tried just suppressing the subreport alone and that disables the subreport processing also. Once again ReplateDownTime doesn't get calculated.
If I don't suppress or hide MAIN Report Detail Section, then everything is great except I have all this detail output from
the the sub report that I don't want to see.
I thought suppress just hid the data display, but was still got executed.
How do I disable the Main details section but still get the ReplateDownTime value I need?
SUBREPORT SubReportReplate:
Details Section:
Formula ReplateSum: (suppressed)
Shared NumberVar ReplateDownTime;
If (<condition>)
Then
ReplateDownTime := ReplateDownTime + {<database value>}
Else
ReplateDownTime
End Formula
Report Footer:
Formula ReplateDisplay:
Shared NumberVar ReplateDownTime;
ReplateDownTime
End Formula
MAIN REPORT:
Details Section:
Formula ReplateInit:
Shared NumberVar ReplateDownTime := 0
End Formula
Call SubReportReplate
Group Footer:
Formula ReplateVariableDisplay:
Shared NumberVar ReplateDownTime;
ReplateDownTime
End Formula
Edited by MHank - 28 May 2010 at 6:39am