Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Unique charting problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
joverdorff
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote joverdorff Replybullet Topic: Unique charting problem
     Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:33am
I need a chart that shows when certain resources are being utilized over a 24 hour period.

I've tried Gantt reports and variations of bar charts for this but can't find a way to do it. I want a horizontal graph that depicts the following:

There would be one riser going the whole way across for each resource, but it would be interspersed with time(s) they were committed to an activity.

So for an example, let's say I have 4 resources that I need to see when they were occupied in a day. Each bar on the chart/graph would represent ONE resource (so there would be 4 bars). Each bar goes the entire width of the chart (24 hours), BUT it would be color-coded to show the difference between when they were committed to something and when they weren't.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 7:08pm
Sounds like you want a Process Control Chart.
 
 
Not readily doable with out-of-the-box CR, but can be done with our add-in if all else fails.
 
-Dan @ 3D
 
Disclaimer: I work for the company, www.threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.
IP IP Logged
joverdorff
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote joverdorff Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:43am
Yes! Exactly! In fact the example you gave is almost overkill, but it is definitely what I'm looking for. You and your company shall be first on the list if my company decides to go that direction.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum