Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Topic: Report Selection in formula Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:18am
Is there any way to incorporate the Report Selection into a formula. For example, if I select department 65 before printing, I want my subtotal of actual costs to only use dept 65 costs. How do I tell the formula to look at the Report selection as a condition?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:33am
Usually since your report selection limits the data returned to only using these records it essentially is being used as a condition in your calculations. That being said there is nothing preveneting you from using it as a condition as part of a formula, e,g.
If table.department={Param} then table.cost else 0
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum