Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: report trouble Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dee-jo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote dee-jo Replybullet Topic: report trouble
     Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 7:39am
Hi.  I am reporting on information in a Transaction file and a Master file. I can get the Master file to report on Orig Qty, Orig Contract, and Orig Budget.  I am doing this on every Cost Code.  Once I try and add in information from the Transaction file (Amt Billed, Actual Qty, and Actual Cost), the report goes blank.

I've tried doing Initialize Variable with no luck.  I've moved formulas to report footers, and suppressed detail, with no luck.  I've even changed my join from Cost Code linked to Transaction, to Transactions linked to Cost Codes.

Any help would be appreciated!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:22am
For clarification,
you have a report with 2 tables in it and it works fine while using data from the Master File table only but when you use any field from the Transaction File it goes blank, correct?


Edited by DBlank - 01 Jun 2010 at 8:22am
IP IP Logged
dee-jo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote dee-jo Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:55am
I went back to the first report I created, and now have data being reported.  I used the format from the first report, and followed the same logic.
 
However, I have one item left to figure out.  I am using an Initialize, Accum, and Display formula for the Actual costs by Cost Code.  I want to subtotal this column for the Job total.  How do I do that?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:00am
Are you grouping by CostCode?
If so you can recreate the formula fields and add in a new formula field to 'reset to zero' at the group CostCode header level.


Edited by DBlank - 01 Jun 2010 at 9:05am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum