Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Topic: Any way to compare summary fields? Posted: 27 May 2010 at 11:54am
I have a report that list a bunch of shift start and times.
In one group footer I have the min and max times.
I also having a grouping by date. What I want to do is a comparison of the say the min time summaries and highlight the one of them so something like this.
Group 1 - (Date) May 15, 2010
Group 2 - ShiftID1 start 6:00 am End 1:00 pm
ShiftID2 Start 7:00 am End 11:00 am
ShiftID3 Start 5:00 am End 2:30 pm
What I want to do is highlight the earliest start time and
latest end time. Keep in mind these are summaries and are either already figured earliest and latest possible shift from the details records with several shifts for each shift ID.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:25am
you can check for aggregate over the entire group by date and then compare if the current summary by shift matches the group, but that is about it....unless you use something like a subreport and have it create a shared variable that you can then access in the main report for comparison purposes.
Hopefully one of these will start you down a path that gets what you want.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum