Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sorting on a Formula Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Girac
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Girac Replybullet Topic: Sorting on a Formula Field
     Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:12am
Hello all,

I have a formula field that I am displaying on my report, this is pulling shared variables from two subreports and displaying a currency amount (@balanceDue).

I need to sortĀ  asc on this field but under the Sort Expert I do not have this field as an option to use.

Is there a way I can sort on this field.

Thanks,

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:55am
You can only used fields that are created or calculated before the report is generated for sorting.
You would eitehr have to make these values be in the main report and be able to be generated using the insert Summary Function and proper groupingĀ  and you can sort using TOP N or you would have to calculate them outside of crystal (e.g. a stored proc) before the report is generated and use that as the source and you can sort using the stored proc. fields.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum