Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help with arrays Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
claskowski
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote claskowski Replybullet Topic: Help with arrays
     Posted: 17 May 2010 at 6:32am
In another era, in another language I would know how to do this. But this is now and this is Crystal. I would like to create an array that will load different appeal codes from our gifts. Examples FY05FLW, FY06FLW, etc... I then need to count how many times each one is found and the amount of money given to each appeal. In other words how many gifts and how much money. I then want to loop back through and print each one. I have looked at Crystal Reports Encyclopedia and even a Visual Basic book, but so far the light has not come on. If someone could give me just the bones of this I think I can go from there. I know I could do a crosstab to get this but really want to learn arrays and this looked like a simple way to get started. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2010 at 3:22am
you data table should already have the appeal code and amount in it.  Each row is an amount(I presume).  You would have a grouping (somehow) on the appeal, so you just have to ask CR for COUNT() and SUM().  I don't have experience with CrossTabs for CR, but for a 'regular' report, you just create the aggregate by clicking the Summation button (the Sigma/funny looking E), tell it what field you want to count or sum, the method to do(sum/count/average) and what group to place it in.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum