Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Run Crystal from CMD Line Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
computermike
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote computermike Replybullet Topic: Run Crystal from CMD Line
     Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:42am
Actually I am trying to get Crystal to launch from an Excel spreadsheet while passing in path and name of report.
 
For instance I can run Shell "Calc" from Excel VBA to start the calculator application. 
 
I tried "Shell C:\MyReport.rpt" in VBA.  I am told this will open MyReport in Crystal so I can begin development. 
 
I figure if I can get Crystal to launch from the Command line, I'll be able to use the syntax in VBA.
 
Thanks,
 
Mike
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum