Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Compare two tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mac-duff
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote mac-duff Replybullet Topic: Compare two tables
     Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:04am
Hello again,

well, I dont know, maybe I am to stupid for CR or I want things too difficult.
This time I need to compare two tables. The first table has to-be-values and the second has actual-values which the machine writes into and change very often on one run.
Now I have to compare 13 fields and every time when there is a new change I have to display it in the report.

eg.:

36,0 1,2 -1,5 -6,5 ....be
36,0 1,0 -4,5 -6,8 ....actual
..................
36,0 1,2 -1,5 -6,5 ....
35,0 1,1 -4,5 -6,8 ....


before this values I also have to write the group name of workers and the time which is also in the table but just has to be put when the values change again which means I dont display something when the same change has already be reported one line before.

I ve tried it with 13 groups, with all data in the Details section. Do I have to use a formula, or groups?

Thanks for reading and maybe some help ;)
Stephan

Edited by mac-duff - 12 May 2010 at 6:30am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:13am
I would use a formula that uses global variables for the 13 fields to track...but grouping should work, but I would only use the header values.
IP IP Logged
mac-duff
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote mac-duff Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2010 at 7:30am
My colleague just told me that in the sql syntax is a command for that, select distinct to realize that but today my head is just full and will continue tomorrow.

Will try with a formula also when I have to idea because I dont want to write every change, just when the change changes again
IP IP Logged
mac-duff
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote mac-duff Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:57pm
Good Morning,

I ve tried it know with a formula but then it displays me everytime when there is a change, but I just want when there is a new change


If {Gamas.TiempoSold} <> {Produccion.TiempoSold} Then {Produccion.TiempoSold}



If {Gamas.TiempoSold} <> {Produccion.TiempoSold} Then
If {?test} <> {Produccion.TiempoSold} then
{?test} = {Produccion.TiempoSold}


Edit:
I see, I dont have to compare two tables. What I have to do is just display in a new row when one of these 13 values has changed to the value before

eg. table:

36,0 1,2 -1,5 -6,5
36,0 1,2 -1,5 -6,5
36,0 1,3 -1,5 -6,5


that I only get in final two rows in my report

Edited by mac-duff - 13 May 2010 at 1:39am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:26am
if you had 13 variables, and when the grouping changed, you set all the variable, in the group header would be a good place.
 
then in the details, you could track to see if any changes occurred, update the variables and set a flag, then you could suppress/display records based on the flag, something like:
 
in group header
shared numbervar aValue:={table.field};
 
create a second detail band, and place it above the existing one, and suppress it.
now in the upper detail band:
shared numbervar aValue;
shared booleanvar hideMe:=true;  //if no changes hide
if {table.field} <> aValue then (
  hideMe := false;
  aValue := {table.field};
);
 
in section expert, for the lower detail band, suppress x-1 button:
shared booleanvar hideMe
 
this should display just the lines that have changed from the last change.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
mac-duff
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote mac-duff Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:40am
thanks for your reply but honestly I dont understand your post ;).

Today I wasted again some hours with this report and stumbled about , which I guess is the problem.

In the table I have another column (time) where the machine writes the date and the time. It is a field which changes every time also when the other values are the same. For displaying I have to use in the page header the current date but when I use this field I only get the value of the exact date. Which I have to do is put in the header just the day and not the time and in the same time just display the rows were a value has changed.
When I dont use the date and can easily work with the option "Select Distinct Records" in the Report Options it works....

Edited by mac-duff - 13 May 2010 at 6:41am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum