Joined: 11 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Sybase to Oracle Upgrade Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:16am
Our DBAs have recently converted the DB from Sybase to Oracle. I am looking for a tool that will search my directories for keywords in the RPT source codes to ensure I have coverted all of the reports.
I know there there are applications that can be purchased, but I have been directed to try to find free software. Can someone point me in a direction?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:42am
I've barely heard of applications that you can buy to do this sort of thing, I haven't heard of any that are shareware/freeware. Not that I am a genius, but I doubt that anyone would give away something like that. Very few 'ordinary' people use CR, and of those, not too many ever change the report too much, so the 'need' to develop a program to update CR is small...
but again, I'm no genius, and have been wrong before...
Joined: 11 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:47am
I have not been able to find a free program. But I did download a trial program that let me search for DB sources in reports. This gave me the information I wanted.
Since using the trial, I may purchase the full version.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum