Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR X1 R1 (SP4) and Windows7 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Mike Jep
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Mike Jep Replybullet Topic: CR X1 R1 (SP4) and Windows7
     Posted: 12 May 2010 at 1:03am
Hi there,
 
I am running Crystal Reports X1 Developer release 1 with the latest service pack on Windows 7.
 
Everthing seems fine when designing a report until I try to enter a formula i.e. when I go to Section Expert and click on the formula button to supress records, nothing seems to happen (except possibly a brief indication of a window opening and then dissapearing).
 
The (missing?) formula window has contol though, as I cannot click enywhere else until I hit the escape button, when control appears to be returned to the Section Expert window.
 
Anyone any ideas?  Would upgrading to X1 R2 be of any use? 
 
Thanks
Mike
 
IP IP Logged
Mike Jep
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Mike Jep Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2010 at 10:02pm
Update - just installed R2 and applied SP6 and.. yes the same thing is happening...
 
Come on you CR gurus - surely someone is using Windows 7 out there?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 3:01am
I have heard that XI will not run on Windows 7.  We've moved to CR2008...but we are moving away from CR all together.
IP IP Logged
rdiamant
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote rdiamant Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 3:25am
lockwelle, what are you switching to?
IP IP Logged
Mike Jep
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Mike Jep Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 3:39am
Hi guys - just installed CR2008 and guess what...it works!  Unfortunately that means a forced upgrade.. so I'm also interested in what you are moving to lockwelle!
 
PS - does anyone know where to find the new crpe32.dll?
 
Cheers
 
Mike


Edited by Mike Jep - 14 May 2010 at 3:40am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:08am
we are moving to 3rd party control called XtraReports by DevExpress.  Its advantage...licensing, and it has a way for the user to modify a report at run time, but it has some drawbacks. 
 
Personally, I like CR better, as it is more powerful and much more user friendly, but... it was management decision.  Luckily, all reporting systems are pretty much the same.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum