Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 11 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
David_OHC
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Location: Afghanistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote David_OHC Replybullet Topic: Crystal 11
     Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:55am
Just upgraded to Crystal 11.  Having a small problem.  When I go and open a report that has parameters, it looks like Crystal is running the report first before it ask for the parameters.  So my report that runs for 10 mins  takes 10 mins before I get the prompt and then it runs again for 10 mins before I get my resutls.  Is there some setting I need to change?  Thanks for the help.  David
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:17am
doesn't sound right, but I have never fun a report in 11 that was created in a prior version.  Are there any command objects?
 
That is the first thing that comes to mind as to why something might be taking a long time to run.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
David_OHC
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Location: Afghanistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote David_OHC Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:21am
The report was created in Ver 10 and does use Command obj.  Report runs off an Oracle database.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:35am
what my thought was, is that for some reason, while it is running the command object, it is taking a long to retrieve the results, and the command object is probably linked to a parameter selection somehow.  Then it is taking just as long to process the request.
 
Did the report always take 10 minutes to run?
IP IP Logged
David_OHC
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Location: Afghanistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote David_OHC Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:39am
Yes, the report does take 10 mins to run.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:54am
I don't use command often, but what I would try is to 1) run the select from the command by itself in the DB and see how long it takes...if it is taking close to 10 minutes...even 8 minutes to run, well, there you have it.  I suspect that it won't.  Next I would copy the command out of the existing command object, delete it, create a new command object and paste the code in.  Save it and see the report performs any better.
 
I can't think of any other things to do. 
 
Perhaps someone else will have a suggestion.
 
Good luck
IP IP Logged
David_OHC
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Location: Afghanistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote David_OHC Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 4:02am
Thanks you for your help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum