Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Creating Parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lentil
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote lentil Replybullet Topic: Creating Parameters
     Posted: 09 May 2010 at 6:36pm
Ok I am trying to create parameters with manual input of dates I.e I want to be able to run the report From the beginning of time up untill todays Date is there an easy way to do this?

I am currently trying to set up a parameter box but it will only allow for prescriptive dates I want to be able to free text the dates?

Regards

Leith


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2010 at 3:40am
have the parameter be a string...but then it may not be a date, but you can enter the date however you want.
 
if the report is always from the beginning of time to today, why not skip the date parameter all together...or is that just the possible date range?  If so, you could code the report to accept NULL for the values and go from there.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum