Joined: 06 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Suppressing data Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:35am
I need to suppress an invoice date, invoice number, customer data etc. when an invoice balance is less than <=90 days old. I have a column which is correctly listing the invoice when it is >90 days old, but how do I suppress the related data when <= 90 days old?
As it stands all invoices descriptions (date & number) are appearing no mater the age. I only want to see those over 90 days. Can anyone help?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:51am
You can conditionally suppress a section or any field(s) using
datediff('d',table.invoicedate,currentdate)<91
Or you can use that same idea in the select expert to omit the other data
datediff('d',table.invoicedate,currentdate)>=90
Joined: 06 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:00am
That was very helpful, thank you. Now that I am that far, the next thing I need to supress is a Text -Group Name if the total of the group is = 0. How is that done?
Joined: 06 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:39am
I've been able to suppress all the data I need. The issue I have now is that I have alot of blank spaces and empty pages between "data shown" and "data supressed". How do I bring the totals up close to the "data shown" . My report is about 19 pages now. It should only be 2 or 3.... there are alot of blank spaces.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum