Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing sections or subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
s076sc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote s076sc Replybullet Topic: Suppressing sections or subreports
     Posted: 05 May 2010 at 9:25am
I have a report that is grouped by contract numbers.  Each group will list accounting line items that will list payables and receivables which are totalled for each group.
 
I need to suppress the printing of an entire group if the sum of the  a/p and a/r running totals = 0.
 
I have tried this several ways, including using a subreport in a group footer and having the subreport pass the sum of the running total fields and then using that passed field in the suppress formula.
 
Is this possible or am I spinning my wheels? 
 
Thanks in advance for your help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:21am
If you use the insert Summary (sigma sign) you can suppress the group header and details and footer using that.
IP IP Logged
s076sc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote s076sc Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:48am
Thanks for the reply and suggestion.
 
I have tried this by doing the following:
 
In the Section Expert for the Detail section I added a formula / condition using the field that is summed.    I added the formula two ways:
 
1.  If value = 0 then true
     else false
 
2.  value = 0.
 
 
Neither formula is delivering the desired results.  I have put the same formula in the group footer and the detail sections.
 
Am I approaching this correctly?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:44am
Did you create a two summaries using the insert summary function
You should end up with 2 items that are soemthing like
SUM(table.payable, table.contractnumber)
SUM(table.recievable, table.contractnumber)
 
Now in your group header suppress as
SUM(table.payable, table.contractnumber)=0
and
SUM(table.recievable, table.contractnumber)=0
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum