Quick question about reporting guys..
For example, say the table I currently have show the following data:
Impact to Business Business Owner Name Breakdown
Application John Doe Application
Hardware Joe Smith Hardware
Multiple John Doe 1:Hardware, 2: Application
This is how the data is stored in the datatable itself.
Is there a way I can separate the 'Multiple' one to show individual info in different rows? ideally, the table I need is:
Impact to Business Business Owner Name Breakdown
Application John Doe Application
Hardware Joe Smith Hardware
Multiple John Doe 1:Hardware, 2: Application
Hardware John Doe Hardware
Application John Doe Application
Or.. is it possible that I create a virtual/dummy table of my own and loop through the first table to create the desired table?
I am on the business reporting side and hence do not have authorization to work this out from the db side..nor do we have support for .net or any other programming packages to connect to db to create tables so I basically am stuck with crystal to do the job...I am quite new to crystal and am unsure.. but does the 'Add Command' from database expert do any good in such a case?
Any help will be very much appreciated.. Thanks
Michael Chang
Edited by emceemic - 05 May 2010 at 4:45am