Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dave D
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Dave D Replybullet Topic: Sub Reports
     Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:19am
Hi all,
 
I'm new to CR XI so i have some questions. I've read some of the documentation but I didn't find an answer to this question.
 
If i create a primary report, called MyReport and save it, I can see the physical file on my disk. Now I add a sub-report to the primary, called MySub, but after I save the primary report, I don't see the sub-report file name on disk. Is this because the sub-report is part of the primary report .rpt file?? So the sub-report is saved along with the primary report, in the .rpt of the primary report, or does the sub-report have a physical file as well?
 
Thanks for any help provided.
 
Regards,
Dave D
Dave D
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:31am
The sub-report does not have a file of its own.  In fact I have gotten my self messed up by using a previous created report as sub-report, then gone and edited the 'subreport' file and could not figure out why my changes were not seen.
IP IP Logged
Dave D
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Dave D Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:47am
Thanks for your reply kevlray. I appreciate your help.
 
 
Regards,
Dave D
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum