Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: using an excel table with hidden lines Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
carstowal
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Quote carstowal Replybullet Topic: using an excel table with hidden lines
     Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:50am
I have an Excel work book containing several worksheets I would like to use as tables.

The worksheets have a macro that auto hides all "completed" lines before closing.

When creating a new connection to this workbook, and wishing to select the table in Sheet1, I have not only 'Sheet1$'_ but also 6 additional options such as: 'Sheet1$_'Z_68948FA_F37E_4BB8_2E2_6F24453B34C8_#wvu#FilterDa

regardless of the variation I select, the table appears empty in the Links Screen.

If I save the workbook and close without allowing the rows to hide, the Sheet1 table appears as it should.  However I don't want to have to program the workbook to save a copy with all lines unhid before closing.

I would like to use the workbook as is.  Is there any option?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:17am
probably not.
 
CR does not give us any control over how a datasource is handled. Since most datasource can't hide a row, it probably isn't programmed to read a hidden row.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum