| Author |
Message |
Horpel Krufkin
Newbie
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Topic: List...Not summarize Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:17am |
|
Hello everyone. Please forgive my lack of knowledge in CR, but I've had TMVista dropped into my lap having never really worked with it or CR before.
I need o accomplish something that seems so simple, but I can't figure it out. TMVista has a default report listing Zip Codes for each sale, among other items of information. However, it lists the ZIPs in summary of the total number of vistors from each code.
I need to have CR make a list of each individual ZIP code - Even if it repeats many times - Basically a long list of every Zip Code entered. We will use this as a CSV file and plug it into another program that plots the visitors based on territory, but the number on the current report totals it for us and I need to avoid that.
How the heck is this done?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 3:23am |
you would need to know the datatable to attach to that has the raw data that you are after...afterall, you can't use the existing report for this reason. If you can determine what the other report is doing...the tables it is hitting and how it is grouping, you should be able to recreate the report without the summary.
HTH
|
IP Logged |
|
Horpel Krufkin
Newbie
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 5:25am |
Originally posted by lockwelleyou would need to know the datatable to attach to that has the raw data that you are after...afterall, you can't use the existing report for this reason. If you can determine what the other report is doing...the tables it is hitting and how it is grouping, you should be able to recreate the report without the summary.
HTH I appreciate you reply. The fact is, I've made copy of the Vista report and can easily dig into the way it works. However, I simply don't know where to look in CR to find out where it is told to total each instance of a ZIP code if it has already occurred in the report. In fact, I have broken down the report to ONLY show a column of the the ZIP codes - There is no other info being tracked. However, it still totals the number of occurrences for us. I'm totally lost. I could be staring right at a formula that is doing this, but I wouldn't know it.
|
IP Logged |
|
Horpel Krufkin
Newbie
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 5:37am |
|
Looking very quickly at my simplified version, it seems to make sense to look right at the "INSERT SUMMARY" tool. Here is what I see:
------------------------ Insert a field which calculates the: <<sum(in the drop-down choice)>> of -- SALE.ID (drop-down)
When the report is printed, the records will be sorted and grouped by: <<Group#1:@ZipCode - A(in the drop-down choice)>> _____________________________________
My other choices in the insert field drop-down are: Average Maximum Minimum Count Sample Variance sample standard deviation Population Variance Population standard deviation Distinct Count correlation covariance weighted average median Pth Percentile Nth Largest Nth smallest mode Nth Most frequent
Seems to me that I should just remove the insert altogether, unless you have a suggestion as to which of these formulas I should be using. Count or Distinct count looks logical, but I just don't know. I will make some changes to see what I get and come back for a visit to see if anyone has an idea for me.
thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 6:13am |
Do you want a distinct instance of each zip with no summary?
Group on the zipcode field
Suppress details
suppress group footer
|
IP Logged |
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 6:34am |
Sorry, don't know what TMVista is, or that you have a copy CR report. If the TMVista creates/modifies the CR report dynamically...well...I don't know. My suggestion was based on the assumption of you have some application that is creating a report...the report is not what you want...how to create a report in CR that will do what you want, not what you are getting.
Sorry, not more helpful.
|
IP Logged |
|
Horpel Krufkin
Newbie
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:24am |
Originally posted by DBlankDo you want a distinct instance of each zip with no summary?
Group on the zipcode field
Suppress details
suppress group footer Exactly. If 73072 shows up on 723 different tickets, then I would like it to list that zip code 723 times in the report. Not once with a 723 next to it. Group on the zipcode field -- What do you mean? Is this a tool? A command? Suppress Details Suppress group footer - I was able to go to the left pane of the report design and right click on "Details" and "Group Footer #1" and click "suppress (No Drill Down) but doing so eliminated all data from the report. Thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:38am |
delete everything from the canvas
remove any groups if they exist (In the designer view look for anything labeled GH on the left side of the screen, righ click on it and select delete group)
You should only have these sections:
Report header
Page header
Details
Page footer
Report footer
Drag the zipcode field to the details section and place it there
Run the report
(you may have to use the sort expert to get them in order you prefer) Edited by DBlank - 29 Apr 2010 at 7:39am
|
IP Logged |
|
Horpel Krufkin
Newbie
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 10:04am |
Originally posted by DBlankdelete everything from the canvas
remove any groups if they exist (In the designer view look for anything labeled GH on the left side of the screen, righ click on it and select delete group)
You should only have these sections:
Report header
Page header
Details
Page footer
Report footer
Drag the zipcode field to the details section and place it there
Run the report
(you may have to use the sort expert to get them in order you prefer) This is helping, as I'm understanding the reports a bit more. However, no data appears on the report unless I apply some sort of formula. I've tried every field from the database that includes 'zip' somewhere in the name, but nothing populates the report.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 11:43am |
make sure your details section is not suppressed.
Use the zipocode field
It might be labeled something like zipcode, address zip, customer zip, etc.
There is no way for me to assist in finding the correct field.
If you have a copy of the original report look at the field for the count or display and it should show what the field name is. Edited by DBlank - 29 Apr 2010 at 11:44am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|