Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data Two Years Ago Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:14am
If you cannot see the data you cannot use the data. If you know the data exists find some help specific to the DB (MAS90 customer support or forum).
Here is my guess, and it is only a guess because I have never worked with that DB.
YTD and LastYTD is dynamic data (based on row level data that is ever changing).
There is a trigger on a DB insert to update the YTD/LYTD data in those tables. The DB designers saw no need to create summarized data for 2 years ago and that would waste system resources so you can't find the summary tables for that.
The raw data that is used to create YTD and LYTD also has the raw data (each row) for previous years. Look for the row level data not summary tables in your DB. If you find that you can use the row level data to get your annual summary using calculations in Crystal. This means using a select statment to grab your 3 'sets of dates' and calucated on that.
Does that make sense?


Edited by DBlank - 28 Apr 2010 at 8:14am
IP IP Logged
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:32am
The last YTD total will remain fixed but the current will change day to day.  And I believe I understand what you are saying regarding the periods.  It's something I looked at.  If I have the individual months for two years back, I can total them.  But what I remember is that I may not have known how to dictate the right year.  I couldn't get it to work.
 
(PS: I posted this to a professional IT Crystal Reports Mas90 forum.  Nothing came back.)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:43am
techincally LYTD would be dynamic. As the year rolls over it changes.
Again this is a guess but the tables you are using are being creted using row level data from another table. Find that table and you have the "missing" data from the past years. Don't even use the tables you have now. Those are just being built from the other table anyway.
IP IP Logged
vicj
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote vicj Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 7:20am
Did you find the answer to this questions for your mas90 inventory report?  I've worked with both mas90 and crystal, so I might be able to help.  Let me know.
The only real security in life lies in relishing lifes insecurities.
IP IP Logged
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:43am
Originally posted by vicj

Did you find the answer to this questions for your mas90 inventory report?  I've worked with both mas90 and crystal, so I might be able to help.  Let me know.
 
Wow! How'd you find this thread?  Amazing!  What a pleasant surprise!
 
The answer is no.  I was never able to access records two years back.  Not in that old version.  However, since we we're on the verge of updating Mas90 and Crystal, now I am on a test server looking at things in general and trying to complete it, or rather re-write it.
 
And now I was able to get the two years back and total (group footer).  However, the "new" problem is that it is missing or omitting line items.  I recently posted here ("Help With Multiple Selection"), but unfortunately did not receive any responses.
 
Maybe you can take a look at it?  We're about to subcontract a Crystal Reports professional to finish it.  Our daily IT people we contract with only know Crystal but are not proficient in it.  And the report has to finished before we do the new installation.
 
Any thoughts on the matter would be wonderful.  Here's my recent post (it's over in "Report Design"):
 
 


Edited by CMEPCMEP - 17 Aug 2010 at 9:51am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum