Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple results on one detail line Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
guz69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote guz69 Replybullet Topic: Multiple results on one detail line
     Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 8:44pm
Hi all, I am OK with most Crystal function but for the life of me I can't work out how to do the below task.
 
I have a report that is drawing from two tables from an ODBC connection.
Table 1
Asset No;Desciption;Cost
01;fridge;$1000
02;table;$500
03;chairs;$200
 
Table 2
Asset No;Line No;Text
01;0.5;fridge bought for employee smoko room
01;1.0;purchased from local supplier
03;1.0;chairs for employee lunch room
03;2.0;wooden back with cloth seats
03;3.0;purchased from interstate distributor
 
I want the resultant data to be displayed on one line in my report with all lines of text relating to each item (either all text items concatenated in one field or seperate fields)
 
Report
Asset No;Desciption;Cost;Text;Text;Text
01;Fridge;$1000;fridge bought for employee smoko room;purchased from local supplier
02;table;$500
03;chairs;$200;chairs for employee lunch room;wooden back with cloth seats;purchased from interstate distributor
 
Does anyone know how I can achieve this goal?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 3:19am
you can't do it on a detail line.  what you can do is use a global variable and on each detail line add to it (concatenate the information that you want), then in the group footer (I am assuming that there is a group on Asset) you then print out the global variable.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
guz69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote guz69 Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 3:28pm
Excellent LOCKWELLE, I had never used variables before so I had to do some investigation into how these work but I have now go the correct results.  Thumbs up.  Thanks, Guz
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum