Topic: OLE object + grey background + Link problem Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 11:52pm
Dear All,
I am working on Visual Studio 2008, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, C#.
I have added an image in a folder in my solution and added an OLE object in the crystal report and pointed to that image. I even checked the option Link so that if the image is changed in the folder, it is automatically updated in my report.
I am facing the following issues:
---------------------------------
1- when I view the report, the image appears with a grey background eventhough it has a white background
2- if I change the image in the original folder, it is not updated in the report
After searching about the first issue, I found out that I should decrease the image color depth to 256 bmp, this worked fine however is there any better option than this one in order to solve this issue?
In addition, the image was referenced in many reports and was not updated when I changed the color depth though the Link option was checked. Why is that?
Should I go over each OLE object in all the reports and remove them one by one then point to the newly modified image? this would take too much time and is not a good solution especially if the image in the original folder is changed again later on.
I would appreciate any help in order to solve those 2 issues. Thank you in advance!
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 3:21am
usually, I try to refresh the database before refreshing the data...I'm not using OLE, but ADO.Net...you would think that changing the file would be enough, but it isn't. I need to go into the database settings, to the connection and refresh the tables, then when I refresh the data from the database, does the 'new' data appear. I usually verify the database after refreshing the data source, but it isn't necessary. I'm on CR XI.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum