Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Displaying row as Info1 to Info10 i Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Eltaria
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Eltaria Replybullet Topic: Displaying row as Info1 to Info10 i
     Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 5:57pm
Hi, I have a few rows of data,
These are ordered numerically, with increment of 1
1
2
3
and so on.

Is it possible to show this as "1 - 10" instead of displaying the data one by one? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Even if i were to display the data horizontally, there'll be a lot of repeated information in the 'XX' section... I'd like to truncate it down if possible.

Come to think of it, I'll need to know the 1st number and last number in that data set, and that's all I need. Can that be done inside the formula editor?





IP IP Logged
Eltaria
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Eltaria Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 6:13pm
Seems like asking the right question always leads you to the right answer :)
I guess putting my head around to asking the question lead me to the solution anyway, if this is of interest to anyone else.

Formula editor
'XXXX'+totext(Minimum ({XX.Num}), 0, '') + '-XXXX'+totext(Maximum ({XX.Num}), 0, '')

You will end up with XXXX1-XXXX10 for example
Cheers~


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum