Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Shared Variable not used when section suppressed Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: Shared Variable not used when section suppressed
     Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 7:17am
Hi all,
 I have a report and sub report where I am brining over a shared variable. I have included the sub report in the details section of the main report. I am using the shared variable value in a total in one of the group footers. I do not need to see the details section, so I am suppressing the details section.
What I am seeing is if I don't suppress the details section the shared variable value comes over into the group footer fine. If I suppress the details section the shared variable value is no longer coming over.  So... how can I get the shared variable value over into my formula with out actually printing/showing the sub report?

Thanks,

Flanman
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 7:34am

Unsuppress the section with the subreport ( if you suppress a section with a subreport the report does not get run at all)

Suppress the Shared variable field in the detail section (the reprot is still run and the value returned)
 
Make the details section suppressed when blank (the value is returned and then suppressed. It can still be used in the main report)


Edited by DBlank - 26 Apr 2010 at 7:36am
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 10:00am
I kind of figured something along that line, but wanted to see if there was another way. Thanks for the help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum