Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How do I Use Specific Row of Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ccwade81
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ccwade81 Replybullet Topic: How do I Use Specific Row of Data
     Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 11:44am
I'm writing a report to find inventory items with negative quantity available for sale based on back orders, sales orders, purchase orders, etc. In this report there is a field for Primary Vendor and Lead Time (for purchasing). Some item numbers have multiple rows in the database because they have multiple vendors. Since this table has each availble vendor it also contains the lead time field.
There is another table that identifies the primary vendor for each item. In this table there is only one row per item number but there is no lead time.
 
I am using the Primary vendor field and the lead time field. The lead time is not always accurate because Crystal is pulling the first record that matches the item number. Even when I group by primary vendor the lead time is not accurate.
 
Is there a way to tell Crystal to pull the lead time for a specific item number and vendor? Basically I want to tell Crystal which row to pull data from when the criteria in the report matches multiple rows.
 
Sorry so long winded!
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
ccwade81
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ccwade81 Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 9:29am
Figured out the answer to my own question:
 
Previously I had all the tables linked by item number. I decided to link the two tables in question by vendor and item number. That got the job done!
 
Clap
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum