Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Specification of DataSource Based on Param Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Eugene
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Eugene Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Specification of DataSource Based on Param
     Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 11:18am

Is it possible to dynamically specify a Data Source based on a report parameter?

I have an XML-based report. The data source is a URL that produces XML. In Crystal, I can specify a static URL that produces the XML data, that's not a problem.

However, my XML (and the URL that produces it) needs to change depending on a report parameter. Is it possible to map a DataSource on the fly depending on the parameter?

Thanks

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 3:46am
if the report is only xml, I would say yes.  I push data via a ado.net connection all the time.  If the report is pulling the data, I would doubt it as CR doesn't like to change.
 
Can you save the output to a file, and then CR always reference the same file, that CR might be ok with.  When I do something like this, while developing the report, I always need to refresh the connection, but I THINK that the first time the report is run that it reads the file and doesn't need a refresh...but I'm not sure.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum