Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Selecting and grouping by substrings Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Conny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Conny Replybullet Topic: Selecting and grouping by substrings
     Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 2:05am
Hi there,
 
I am currently struggling with the following issue and hope that somebody can help me:
 
Each data set in our DB has a field "Reporting customer" and a field "Affected customer" (String field), where the Reporting customer is also always part auf Affected customer, but Affected customer does contain up to 42 customers. Now I need to create a report which shows all entries affecting one customer and this report needs to be grouped by the customer, but should also show the original Reporting company. Is that somehow possible in a report?
 
Thank you for all your help.
 
Conny
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 3:54am
I'm not sure what you are after, but from the title of the post, the answer is yes.  As long as the data is in the table.field, you can group on it.  Basically, it has to be present, in an easily found way when CR reads the data.
 
I see you want to group by a customer, which is part of a larger group of customers, which doesn't seem to be to much of a problem, as long as there is some way to determine the customer...I am not sure about the reporting company, but I don't see why you couldn't display it on the report.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum