Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Stacked chart Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MW19
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote MW19 Replybullet Topic: Stacked chart
     Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 3:56am
I'm completely new to Crystal so not sure if this is even possible...
 
I need to edit a stacked chart that has been created through Crystal 2008 that could have up to 17 'stacks'.
 
I'm looking for a way to group some of the stacks as one to reduce the number of items in the legend (i dont want to exclude any of the entries just group similar ones together).
 
Any hints or tips would be appreciated
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:12am
each 'stack' is just a grouping on a particular field. You can alter the grouping through a formula by combing groups formulatically and then using this new formula field to group/stack on.
E.g. combine names
if left(table.namefield,1) in ('a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e') then 'a-e' else
if left(table.namefield,1) in ('f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j') then 'f-j' else ...


Edited by DBlank - 20 Apr 2010 at 4:12am
IP IP Logged
MW19
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote MW19 Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:26am

thanks for the reply,

sorry I probably should have explained more clearly...
 
that part I do understand, its just where in crystal you actually put that?
 
Im due on a course in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping after that I'll find my way round it a little better


Edited by MW19 - 20 Apr 2010 at 4:36am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:44am
In the field explorer under Formula fields right click and select NEW. Here is where you create a formula field.
Once you create the formula field go into the design mode view, right click on the chart, select chart expert, select the DATA tab, in the 'On Change of' box add the new formula field (which should now in the list of Available fields) and remove the older field it was grouping on.


Edited by DBlank - 20 Apr 2010 at 4:45am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum