Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with design of academic transcript Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
slyth
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: Indonesia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote slyth Replybullet Topic: Help with design of academic transcript
     Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:44pm
Hi everyone.. I'm new to this forum and I joined because I can't find any other solution for this problem i have. First of all, I'm using Crystal Report 8.5

I want to create a report to display an academic transcript. We are just migrating from oracle report and want to do it using crystal report. The example of the transcript is shown on the image below... I have no problem displaying the top half of the report. The problem I have is with the small table below, which supposedly display the subjects for a particular student which have grade "D" or "E"... The data supposedly taken from the list above and filter the grade to be "D" or "E".

I have tried many different approaches... Some of them are:
- I tried using subreport. I made a subreport with the same ttx (from same stored procedure) as the main report and I filter the grade
- I tried using subreport. I made a subreport with different set of stored procedure but I linked the student ID parameter from the main report to subreport.
- I put the subreport on the group footer section of my report and it only display 1 record each time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to make this report to work? I'm using SQL server btw.

Thank you for your time and help...




Edited by slyth - 07 Apr 2010 at 10:51pm
IP IP Logged
slyth
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: Indonesia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote slyth Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 8:46pm
Please help with my problem.. anyone??

or just some pointer to get me in the right directions..

thanks Tongue Tongue
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 4:06am
First off, yes I think I would use a subreport (the best bet is to use the same query).  But you would have to put the sub report in a group footer (student ID?), unless you are filtering so that you one have one student per report then you could put it in the report page footer.   Then you would have to work out how to link the main report and subreport (student ID?).
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
bigbloo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote bigbloo Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:13am
Would it not be easiest to create a cross tab? The cross tab cam either ne part of the main report or a subreport, with parameters linked.
Bigbloo
--------------------------------------------------
Information is power only when it's shared.
IP IP Logged
Savan
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 2:26am
Hi,
 
You can group the report by student id and in the group footer you can put the sub report and link the student id of the group to the subreport
 
Savan
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum