Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Is it possible to store value? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vapanchamukhi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote vapanchamukhi Replybullet Topic: Is it possible to store value?
     Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 6:59am
I am a newbie in crystal report. My requirement is as below.
I am fetching record from the stored procedure. For Example I am fetching Continent, Country and State. Now I am trying to display this in Crystal report in a single group. But if any of the retrieved information changes then it should display seperately.
Example: If the stored procedure is retrieving following information
 
Continent      Country     State
---------------------------------------
Asia               India         Karnataka
Asia               India         Karnataka
Asia               India         Karnataka
 
If in the next record any of these changes then the heading should display all over again.
 
Continent      Country     State
---------------------------------------
Asia               India         Delhi
 
I dont want to display Continent Country and State in seperate groups
 
Please Somebody help me in sorting out this.
 
Can I stored the fetched info in crystal report till the next value is fetched. So that i can compare those value with the newly fetched values???
 


Edited by vapanchamukhi - 19 Apr 2010 at 7:01am
Just Allow Me(JAM)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 10:59am

First solution that comes to mind is to create a details a and details B

on Details A put your headers and on detiasl B put your sata elements
in the section expert conditionally suppress details A with
Next(table.continent)=table.continent and next(table.country)=table.count) and next(table.state)=table.state
IP IP Logged
delstar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote delstar Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 11:01am
Create a formula field (not displayed in report) that concatenates the continent, country, and state fields. Then group on the formula field and put nothing but the heading you want in the that group's header.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 11:21am
The order of the data seemed important to you so note that grouping can change the order of your data. That is the only reason I did not use it as it is the easiest solution. 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum