Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: group error on SUM command Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
astrix
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote astrix Replybullet Topic: group error on SUM command
     Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:19am
I have the following line sample:
sum ({REPORT_BASE.PT_S},{REPORT_BASE.PROD_ID});
 
This formula is on a group footer line
PT_S is a numeric field
where PROD_ID is a group in  a header and footer
 
I get error msg:
While processing reportname.rpt report
Crystal Reports returned -2147191779
There must be a group that matches this field
 
There is no such CryRep error number that I can find
I have a valid group, a valid database field, but can't get past this error
 
Any wisdom will be much appreciated ... Wally
wallyc
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 2:22am
is the field what is used in the 'group expert' to group on? I only ask as I group on formulas, and I need to use the formula, not the field name.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum