Topic: help with filtering and totaling parts of a report Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 4:28am
Ok for starters I am a Crystal Reports newbie so I hope this is an easy question for someone. I have an income statement report that currently has a detailed list of items for each department. For example:
Salary Expense - Finance 60000-10-1 $11111 Salary Expense - Factory 60000-20-1 $11111 Salary Expense - Welding 60000-25-1 $11111 Employee Training 63500-10-1 $2222 Employee Training 63500-20-1 $2222 Employee Training 63500-25-1 $2222
This is just a small example but basically what I need to accomplish is condensing and totaling these multiple department entries into one. For example:
Salary Expense 60000 $33333 Employee Training 63500 $6666
Now obviously there are a lot more entries but I hope you guys can see where I'm coming from. Also the account number isnt necessary to show up on the report I just figured using it would be the best way to accomplish my goals.
ok I feel like I am making progress now but the problem I forsee is that not every expense has multiple departments to it. So when I am setting up the groups any recommendations on what I should do with the "others" tab. EDIT: I set the others tab to leave in their own group. I think I may have the grouping setup ok but is it normal that I still get multiple Salary Expenses being displayed instead of the Salary Expense - department like it was before? I think the summary may resolve this but I am having trouble figuring out how to set this up.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum