Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Windows 7 64bit + VS2008 issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
elroydotnet
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote elroydotnet Replybullet Topic: Windows 7 64bit + VS2008 issue
     Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:42am
Hi
 
After downloading the trial CR 2008 on to an WinXP 32bit machine running VS 2008 we were confident that CR 2008 would be what we were after.
So we purchased the full product, however we have since moved on to Windows 7 64bit and cant get our solutions or any cr project to work via vs2008.
I read that initially only certain versions CR support VS2008, but also read somewhere that SP1 for cr2008 fixes this. I installed SP1 to no avail, so I suspect its still a 64bit issue. Can someone confirm whether the combination of VS2008 and CR 2008 can actually work on a 64bit machine, and if so what could I try or if I misread it somewhere and it simply wont work?
 
Thanx in advance
E
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 5:11am

For what it is worth.  CR 2008 does not support 64-bit ODBC drivers, you have to use the 32-bit drivers.  There should be a 32-bit ODBC Sources program.  I do not have the file name or location for Windows 7 (we are using Windows Server 2008).

IP IP Logged
elroydotnet
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote elroydotnet Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:15am
Thanx for the suggestion, I don't know if it will work, but I will give it a try.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum