Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Why will this formula not work? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
djcjohnson
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote djcjohnson Replybullet Topic: Why will this formula not work?
     Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 9:34am
I put this formula: {Command.CATEGORY}="Application Deployment" in the Group Expert for a group name and the formula worked fine. Then I attempted to put this formula in "Hardware"={Command.CATEGORY} and "Network"={Command.CATEGORY} , but when I previewed it the formula did not work. I tried to change up the syntax of the formula, but this is the only way that I did not receive an error. So, could someone tell me why my second formula did not work and what I could do to fix it? Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 2:43am
you cannot use an and statement there. It expects the category to = all 3 at the same time which cannot happen so no records are returned. Use an OR statment OR an IN statement
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum