Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: suppress group header based on parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rrmcguire
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote rrmcguire Replybullet Topic: suppress group header based on parameter
     Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:51am
Hello,
 
I have created a report which groups a listed of records based on their company then sorted by the state the company is within..
 
so
 
State(Group Header)
            Company(Group Header)
                        Records
 
I then have a parameter field so the user can choose which state to display as without this there is a lot of information to show. Once the user selects as an example, "IL" for Illinois it should display all the companies in Illinois and then none of the other states' information. Currently I have the parameter field created {Pm-Display} with the state selections, then a formula for "STATE DISPLAY" which reads as
 
if{?Pm-Display} = 'IL' then GroupName ({Multipay.State}) = 'IL' else if......for every state
 
where the GroupName{Multiplay.State} is what Im trying to only show information for the parameter field(state) selected
 
Any help would be appreciated
 
thansk
 
 
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 9:11am
Normally what I do is a "specified group".  Then I can customize the group header to my data.  I do realize if you are doing it for fifty states that will be a lot of effort, but it might easier that what you are trying to do.
IP IP Logged
rrmcguire
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote rrmcguire Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 9:13am
what do you mean a specified group, is there any other way to do this? I would think you should be able to supress a group if it doesn't match your parameter choice?
IP IP Logged
chris
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote chris Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 1:11pm
I may have mistaken what you are trying to achieve here but by adding the formula into the record selection criteria it would only return information for the selected states from the parameter and therefore you would not need to worry about suppression.
 
Chris
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum