| Author |
Message |
sv2284
Newbie
Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Topic: counting Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 6:41am |
Group 1- General Contractor
Group 2 - Sub contractor
Group 3 - package
Group 4 details
In the details section I have the field that will display the requirements for each package and a field that displays the status of the requirement. There could be 10 requirements in the details section. I only want to count if at least one of the requirements is submitted. I placed a formula to say True or false if the requirement is submitted.
Then I want to count only the Subcontractors (group2) that have one of the requirements submitted.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 9:20am |
Can't entirely see what youa re doing here but basicaly you can use a Running Total
Field to summarize=Subcontractor
Type=DistinctCount
Evaluate=use a formula
Your Formula=True
Reset=Never
Place in report footer for your total count
|
IP Logged |
|
sv2284
Newbie
Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 9:23am |
I cannot count the true formula because I only want the subcontractors who have at least one true
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 9:25am |
That is why in the evaluate you use a formula as:
Your formula=TRUE
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 9:38am |
"Your Formula" represents what you described as " I placed a formula to say True or false if the requirement is submitted"
Since I do not know your data you likely could also do an evaluation formula that is how you get your TRUE which is likely something like:
{table.RequirementField}='Submitted' Edited by DBlank - 02 Apr 2010 at 9:39am
|
IP Logged |
|
sv2284
Newbie
Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 10:36am |
group 2 sv subcontractor
group 3 test requirement
group 4
test1 requirement true
test2 requirement true
test3 requirement false
test4 requirement false
group 2 vs subcontractor
group 3 test requirement
group 4 details
test1 requirement false
Group 2 vv subcontractor
group 3 test requirement
group 4 details
test1 requirement false
test2 requirement true
I only want to count the two subcontractors who have at least one requirement that is true. I will be counting the group2 subcontractors based on the detail section.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 10:40am |
Did you try what I suggested and it did not work or are you assuming it will not work?
If it did not work what exactly did you do?
What I gave you will only count the sub-contractor 1 time if ANY detail requirement has a TRUE. Edited by DBlank - 02 Apr 2010 at 10:40am
|
IP Logged |
|
sv2284
Newbie
Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 10:45am |
I cannot use a distinct count on the subcontractor because the name can be duplicated. group 1 is a package and the subcontractor can be under more than one package.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 10:50am |
That is different that what I understood your requirement to be.
So if a sub contractor is used by more than 1 general contractor and has a detail section with TRUE per general contractor you want them to be counted more than once?
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 11:02am |
If that is the case change ir to use a COUNT and alter your evaluate formula to include a new condition ...
@yourformula = TRUE and
Previous(table.generalcontractor)<>table.GeneralContractor
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|