Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Topic: Help: Space between strings? Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:57am
Hello Folks,
I have a report with 2 fields firstname and lastname in it. I have used '&' and created a formula for concatenating firstname and lastname. But my problem is i should space in between them.How would i get that done? Any thoughts about this.
Depending on the quality of your dataset, there could be a chance that the formula would not work if either the forename or surname is blank (unless you amend your formula to deal with blanks).
I find it easier to use a text box and drag the fields I need into it. Then just use the space bar to add the space needed.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum