Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Max Date grouped on ID Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crhelp99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote crhelp99 Replybullet Topic: Max Date grouped on ID
     Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 4:31am
Hi all-
 
I am trying to replicate the Group By and Maximum function within from Access query into Crystal 2008.  When I use the Maxium function in Crystal Report it was telling me that I am missing a Boolean function.
 
What I am trying to do is:
 
ID     Date              Status Code
--      ------              ----------------
01    01/01/2008    03
04    01/01/2007    01
01    01/01/2007    03
05    01/01/2007    02
01    01/01/2003    02
 
Group by ID and select the maximum date associated with the ID then further eliminate the report output by Status Code <>3.
 
FINAL OUTPUT DESIRED
ID     Date              Status Code
--      ------              ----------------
04    01/01/2007    01
05    01/01/2007    02
 
I need help to group by ID and only have the maximum date associated with the IDshow...how would I go about doing so?  I am able to eliminate the Status Code <>3 by using the Select Expect - Record but that's step 2.
 
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
 
Thanks. M
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 4:35am
Create a group on the ID.  In the group header add a aggregate, the sigma, or funny looking E, and select Maximum and the field name.
 
That should be all that you need to do.
 
Since it sounds like all you want is this information, suppress the detail section, but that may be a later step.
 
HTH


Edited by lockwelle - 30 Mar 2010 at 4:36am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum