Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Stop overwrite of export Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Patchw
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Patchw Replybullet Topic: Stop overwrite of export
     Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:37am
Hi All,

I am now creating my first Crystal report, the good news is that I have it working. However The report is automated by a predictive dialler. It writes out to excel each time a sale is made. The problem I have is that it over writes each time where I want it to add to the excel file. Is this possible please, and how do I go about this.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
E-T-M
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Location: Ukraine
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote E-T-M Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:11am
You need to have a DB for your sales. You do have it, right? 
IP IP Logged
E-T-M
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Location: Ukraine
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote E-T-M Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:15am
And if you want to store a history of reports you may create a simple batch file that would be executed every time a report is generated and copy the current file into a separate folder under a specific name (e.g. name includes timestap).
IP IP Logged
Patchw
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Patchw Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 5:41am
Originally posted by E-T-M

You need to have a DB for your sales. You do have it, right? 


Thanks for that, It has prompted me to rethink my approach and I now have it working fine, albeit completely different from attempt one. Cheers
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum