Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Question on Group Header fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalnet123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote crystalnet123 Replybullet Topic: Question on Group Header fields
     Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 9:25am
Hi ,

I have the below fields in group header

Product  High Grade     Dealer  >=1 & <= 5 Dealers

Client   XYZ

Product Name    Inquiry Count

Currently this appears in every selection criteria. I would like the Product and Client fields to appear only once per page.

I would need the Dealer field and the report fields to repeat for each selection criteria.

Can this be done? All fields are in the Group Header  on maturity column.

I have two groups , first level by Dealer and next level by Maturity.

Thanks in advance for your help

I have the Keep Group together box checked.  What group options are available to force these to appear just once?

IP IP Logged
crystalnet123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote crystalnet123 Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 9:33am
I made some changes and I get the group  header fields on each page but now when the rows continue into the next page, the header fields do not show. Plus I get the last page blank.
 
What could I have done wrong?
 
Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:09am
For item one, likely you need to make the group header repeat on each page (an option in group Expert, select a group  click on options and the Options Tab.
For Item 2 you likely have an section marked for 'new page after' in the section expert. Add a condtion to that useing the formula editor 'Not onlastrecord'
IP IP Logged
crystalnet123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote crystalnet123 Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 2:03am

Thanks for your response.

 
I have two groups and I have the option new page after checked on and the formula not on last record for the inner group on maturity. The upper level group is Dealer and this I do not have new page after checked on and I do not have any formula.
 
The output should appear as  below. My report presentation is fine but the last page is blank and I tried various options, like unchecking group 1 for new page after with formula not onlast record, checking both group 1 and group 2 for new page after with formula, but this messes up the presentation.
 
When I check group 1 and have the formula not onlastrecord, I leave group 2 unchecked,I get the below layout but last page is blank.
 
_________________________________________________
Header  Dealer  >=1 & <= 5 Dealers        Maturity  <= 1 Year
Report field names
Detail  Data
___________________________________________________
 
Header  Dealer  >=1 & <= 5 Dealers        Maturity  <= 1 Year
Report field names
Detail  Data
 
Thanks for your help
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 4:23am
Can't quite follow what you are doing. The idea is that using the 'New page after' with the formula NOT onlastrecord will not make a blank last page.
IP IP Logged
crystalnet123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote crystalnet123 Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:54am
Hi,
 
I fixed the blank page issue by compressing the heights of the sections.
 
But now I have another issue. The last two fields in the report print on the page with data and then print on the succeeding page with no data.
 
For example I get 34 pages of data when exporting to PDF while on the Crystal application I see 17 pages which is correct. The additional page just displays the two reports fields with blank page.
 
I have all report fields in the group header and have checked the keep group together box.
 
Also the footer has the formula not onlast record.
 
I checked to see if any field is out of range but could not find anything.
 
What could cause the export to PDF to print a duplicate page with just the last two columns and no data? Could it be my report is out of range?
 
Thanks
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum