Joined: 15 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Renaming Data Labels Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:26pm
I am working with a bar chart where I average seven values on one chart. I do not want a legend, but instead want to label the actual bars with the name of each variable and the value on the bar vertically. Unfortunately, the variable name comes out: "avg view_dbo_nameetcetc.blahblah" Too long to look clean on the chart. Is there a way in Crystal XI to rename the data label to something shorter?
Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 11:41pm
A thought: Temporarily turn on the legend. Now click on one of the legend labels and bring up right-mouse menus. ONe of the choices should be something like "assign your own name to this label". Do it. Now turn off the legend and set your datatext. Does it work?
Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 8:41am
This suggestion is good. Just ran into the same problem with a stacked bar chart. I enabled the Legend, edited the labels, and then hid the Legend again, and the Bar Chart uses the new labels. Thanks!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum