Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamically changing tables? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Derek K
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Derek K Replybullet Topic: Dynamically changing tables?
     Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 11:26am
I'm using Crystal with Nortel's CCMS.  Nortel creates a different database table for every day for certain types of data.
 
I have a report that runs off the table.  Currently, to look at a different day, I have to go Database->Set Datasource location->Select the table for the day.
 
Is there *any* way to do that automatically?  VBScript?  Some secret third party tool?  Some piece of Crystal Enterprise (which I don't have, but might be able to get if I have an issue like this)?
 
I'd like to pass the report to people that aren't very crystal saavy, but having to change the datasource in two places (it uses a subreport as well) means I can't really do that....
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 9:50pm
You would have to write a program that would run the report - the program would change the table name as necessary.  There is a very rich SDK available for both .NET and Java.  There are some third party tools available to run reports (see www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html for some good ones) but I don't think they'll meet your needs to be able to change the tables at run time.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum