Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Subreport Links (range) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
trenery
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote trenery Replybullet Topic: Subreport Links (range)
     Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:00am
Hi
 
I have a subreport that needs to be filtered between dates. The report works fine on its own but when I include it as a subreport I only get one date returned and not the range.
 
I have removed the date range from the subreport and added a subreport link on the main report.  I set up record select on the main report to pass the date parameter. If I pass a single date it works fine but if I pass a date range it only returns a single date
 
Any ideas, I am completely stuck and going round in circles here.
 
Any help will be gratefully received.
 
Thanks
 
Mike
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:03am
You need a date range parameter in the subreport (and perferably in the main report).  Then link the two parameters, but be sure not to use the {?Pm- ????} link.  And be sure to put the date range parameter in the selection criteria of the sub-report.
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
davejwhite
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Quote davejwhite Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:50am
Hi there,
 
Rememberthat a Date Range parameter gives you an Array, not a Date. You have to manipulate the Array. So in the Select Expression for the sub, you need something like
 
{OrderDateField} In Minimum(DateParameterField) To Maximum(DateParameterfield)

Any use?
IP IP Logged
TAH2
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote TAH2 Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 7:27am
Can you expand on how to link the parameter in the main report to the subreport?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum