Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report horizontally? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gritty Lady
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Gritty Lady Replybullet Topic: Report horizontally?
     Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 3:49am
Hello all,
 
I'm a very occasional Crystal user (8.5).  I need to produce a report which will list part numbers down the page and the machine names used in the manufacture of the part horizontally beside each part.
 
I started by reporting out the part number, the operation number, the machine code and the machine description which obviously gave me an entry of the part number for each operation number and machine code, like this:
 
partno1     10     7    stores
partno1     20     19  laser
partno1     30     6    deburr
partno1     40     12  press
partno1     50      996 subon
partno1      60     13  inspection
 
etc. etc. etc.
 
what I'd like to be able to report is:
 
partno1  stores   laser   deburr   press  subcon   inspection etc
 
I thought I might be able to use a crosstab report but I think it wants to report each machine in the database as a column header, list every part number and then try to produce a sum of the machine descriptions.
 
Can anybody suggest a solution?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
razzak
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Quote razzak Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 8:41pm

Hi,

 
Create one Main Report in that just show partno field.
then create one subreport ,in subreport go to section expert (Detail section) check on  "format with multiple columns" option.in subreport put your description column in details section.
this will display desc horizontally.call this subreport in main report.
 
thanks and regadrs
Razzak
 
Razzak Sayyed
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum