Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal reports 9 not showing all records Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Topic: Crystal reports 9 not showing all records
     Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:17am
Good Day,

I use Crystal Reports 9.

I have created a new report from scratch. I am reporting against one table called cm3r. This table contains all the Change Management records we have for our company. There are 26509 records in the database.

My new report is a basic report just to get a list of the change records in the system. It has two fields, number and category.

When I run the report, I cannot get 4 change records to appear in the list (C128676, C128680, C127770 and C128460)

These changes can be searched for in our change management application. I can go into the change record and I can see all of its details.

I have had our DBA look at the DB2 database and he can see all the information for those four change records.

I do not have any record selection or suppression in the report. It's just a report that prints out all the records and displays the change # and category.

If I go into Crystal Reports and specifically search for any of the four changes, nothing comes up. If I search for ALL change records, those four changes do not come up.

Has anyone seen this before?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 9:08am

is your source the actual table or a view/stored proc?

Are you using any other tables that you are joining it to?
 
For clarity you are not talking about them not appearing in a dynamic parameter but in the actual report canvas correct?


Edited by DBlank - 18 Mar 2010 at 9:09am
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:24am
Hi DBlank, thank-you for your reply!

My source is the actual table. I am not joining it with any other table. I am only reporting on the cm3r table.

No, I am not talking about them appearing in a dynamic parameter. I did mean the actual report canvas.

When I run the report, it looks like this:

Number                  Category
C127768                Software
C127769                Hardware
C127771                Software
C127772                Software

The C127770 does not appear in the list. And there should be no reason as to why! :(
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:33am
Odd.
I would double check all of these areas as they are the usually suspects for this kind of thing:
1. A Record Selection Formula
2. A group select Formula
3. A data source join
4. A conditional suppress on either a field or a section
5. you already ruled out the view or stored proc dropping the records.
 
anything here find it?
 
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:00am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:09am

Do you have multiple copies of your source? Like a Live site and a test site? Or back ups?

I have done this where I use the wrong ODBC connection and point the report to the a development site to work on the report and forget to replace/update the ODBC with the live data source when I am 'publishing' it for use.


Edited by DBlank - 22 Mar 2010 at 7:26am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:16am
Another thought...
Look in
DataBase>Set Database Location
Expand the properties of the source table and make sure there is nothing in the 'Overridden Qualified Table Name:'. This can be repointing the report to a different table/view/sp.


Edited by DBlank - 22 Mar 2010 at 7:25am
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:41pm
Hi DBlank, thanks for all your suggestions. I do appreciate the assistance.

I double checked. My ODBC driver is pointing to the correct environment.
I also checked the Properties of the table for the Overridden Qualified Table Name: it is blank.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:00am
Sorry, I am out of ideas.
As al ast ditch effort I would start a new reprot from scratch to try and resolve it but other than that can't think of any other places to look for why this would happen.
Anyone else have ideas?
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 6:45am
Thanks for trying DBlank. This is a real mystery to me :(  It just won't work, even if I start a new report. The records just don't appear.

Thanks anyway!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum