Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Header sections Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
saphir54321
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote saphir54321 Replybullet Topic: Header sections
     Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 7:30am
Hi Everybody,

Need some help with this: Smile

- How to reduce/enlarge the header section of a group depending on the size of the text?

- How to display bar charts (or other type of charts) next to each other?
(For the detail section, there is a checkbox to format the section with multiple columns. But not for the header section where the chart has to be.)

Thanks

saphir

Edited by saphir54321 - 17 Mar 2010 at 7:31am
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 7:54am

The head section should enlarge automatically if the text box enlarges, thus if you make it as small as possible and have the 'Can Grow' box checked, seems like that should work.

As far as charts next to each other, I just did a test and was able to put two charts side by side?!?
IP IP Logged
saphir54321
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote saphir54321 Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:14am
Thanks for your reply

About the charts, how do you put them side by side? I mean, it's not just 2 charts (more like 6 charts by page). What option do you use to tell your charts to go next to each other? Their is only one chart in the design. And now they all appear as a new row.
IP IP Logged
saphir54321
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote saphir54321 Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:02am
Anyone??
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 5:59am
I just dropped two charts side by side.  I had to resize the first chart I dropped on the header to make room for the second chart.
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
saphir54321
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote saphir54321 Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:25am
Hi kevlray.

Thanks again for your reply.

But I don't want to have 2 different charts side by side. I have my chart in the design inside a group header. I would like the chart for each group to be displayed side by side.

Like I was saying earlier: For the detail section, there is a checkbox to format the section with multiple columns. But not for the header section where the chart has to be.

Any ideas??
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 9:49am
The next closest possiblity is to check the 'overlay following section' box in the section expert for each of the groups.  It would take a bit of work to make sure your charts did not overlap. 
The multiple columns only work with the details, so that would not work for you.
 
I do not have any other ideas.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum