| Author |
Message |
trixtur
Newbie
Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
|

Topic: Creating a Dynamic Report as a Table from a List Posted: 25 Jun 2007 at 3:25pm |
|
I'm really new to Crystal Reports, and I'd be lying if I were to say it
hasn't been a struggle. I work as a Software Engineer at a home
automation company, and for 8 months I created an maintained their
reporting system. All of which was done in ActiveReports by Data
Dynamics. Now I'm working on a private project and only have a license
to use Crystal Reports.
I'd be happy to buy the book if I could be sure it will have the information I need, here is what I'm trying to do:
I
have a Dictionary containing an object that I have created (All the data is local, no connecting to a SQL Server). The object
is basically a data set. It has tons of member variables, and
getter/setter functions for them, and thats it. What I would like to do
is be able to display columns and rows similar to Excel that display
selected pieces of the information in those objects for different
reports. If possible it would also be nice to be able to export these
reports to Excel.
I have been looking around for about a week,
and I cannot seem to find a simple solution for creating dynamic
reports. Ideally I'd like to be able to create the report dynamically
and fill in the fields as required for each report. If I can avoid having to create .rpt files it would be great! Can this be done,
and does the book explain how to do this?
Thanks in advance.
-Trix
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
|

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 at 3:42pm |
|
Well, you can't do what you want, but there are a couple work arounds. The first being to make the SQL dynamic and use aliases for each field. In your select stament use an alias for each column name 'Col1', "Col2', etc. That way you can change the SQL around and CR still sees the same field names. The second idea is that CR XI R2 allows dynamic report creation in their new licensing. You have to start with an existing blank report, but you can add report objects from there.
|
|
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
|
IP Logged |
|
zos18
Newbie
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Location: Romania
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
|

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 2:07am |
|
hello
i have the same problem... i need to create reports on runtime. I searced on intenret, i read books, I have CR XI R2 SP2 but i cant'n do anything with it. Can you hellp me with some examples? something simple, for example how to create some text objects and field obects or foruma objects form Vb or c#... PLS
Regards, Ovidius.
(sorry for my enghlish, i'm form romania)
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|