Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: First & Last record not filtered by bolean formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: First & Last record not filtered by bolean formula
     Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:23am
I have a formula where I have created two boolean formulas for two different fields for some filtering. These are working fine, except that when I run the report the first and last record do not display the true/false for the formula at all and I am trying to suppress records that do not meet my criteria. Here are the two different formulas:

formula 1

Next({DriveMaster.DriveID})={DriveMaster.DriveID} and
Next({DriveShiftDetail.ShiftID}) <> {DriveShiftDetail.ShiftID} or

Previous({DriveMaster.DriveID})={DriveMaster.DriveID} and
Previous({DriveShiftDetail.ShiftID}) <> {DriveShiftDetail.ShiftID}

formula 2

datediff('d',({DriveMaster.FromDateTime}),next({DriveMaster.FromDateTime}))=1 or
datediff('d',({DriveMaster.FromDateTime}),previous({DriveMaster.FromDateTime}))=-1

So how do I filter/remove the 2 items that are showing first and last ?

Bill
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:51am
Try changing your formula option from 'Exceptions for Nulls' to use 'Default Values for Nulls'
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:09pm
Worked like a charm. Once again the best site for Crystal Reports info on the web. Thanks a bunch.

Bill
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum