Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: data help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sv2284
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sv2284 Replybullet Topic: data help
     Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:07am
Type       Value                   ID 
Home      123-4567          122
Work       234-5678          122
Fax          345-7778          122       
Moble                               122
Home       234-3232          344
Work                                 344
Fax          223-0909          344
Mobile                               344
 
How do I create a formula for my report to show only specific types or only the phone numbers with a value????  I don't want blank lines.
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:13am
suppress the detail line the information is on if isnull({value.field}) or if {value.field}<>(specific value).

Edited by FrnhtGLI - 18 Mar 2010 at 5:13am
IP IP Logged
sv2284
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sv2284 Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 6:11am
But what if I want to list only the Home and Work phone I still get a blank field for all the phone options in the detail section.  If I put the Type and the Value fields in the detail section I get a blank Value field for every Type field.
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:30am
I was under the impression that there were three fields; Type, Value and ID, and that they were being displayed in the detail section. If this is incorrect please tell me how your report is set up.

Edited by FrnhtGLI - 18 Mar 2010 at 7:31am
IP IP Logged
sv2284
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sv2284 Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 2:55am
You are correct.  I am new to this so maybe I am not saying this correctly.
 
When I drag the 3 fields into the details section the way the database is setup I get a row for each phone type.  if I only want home and work I still get the other 2.  Maybe I just need a formula or something I am not sure.
IP IP Logged
JimNicholson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JimNicholson Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:03am

I believe this will give you what you are looking for if you are grouping by ID:

 
If Not IsNull ({Type.FieldName}) and ({Type.FieldName} in ["Work","Home"]) then {Type.FieldName} +":  "+{Value.FieldName} else ""
IP IP Logged
sv2284
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sv2284 Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 1:41am
I still get a blank area for each of the phone rows whether they are null or not.
 
If I put it in the detail section or create a group I still get a blank area for each one?????
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 4:12am
Place Jim's formual field on the detail section
In the section Expert click on the Details section then check the 'Suppress Blank Section'
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum