Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Error running reports in InfoView / CMC Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JimNicholson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JimNicholson Replybullet Topic: Error running reports in InfoView / CMC
     Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:38am
Hello All,
 
Hopefully someone can help me out here.
 
I am currently using CRS 2008
 
I can run reports fine from my local machine use designer 2008
 
When I deploy these reports to the CRS, the SQL reports that use ODBC connections work fine.  The reports that are linking to Access Databases (both .accdb and in some cases .mdb) are showing the following message when I try to run the report in InfoView or CMC:
 
The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.
 
I have set the server intelligence agent to run as a network service account which is an admin on both the CRS machine and the machine which holds the accdb's and mdb's.  Again, I have no problem running these reports through Designer. 
 
Also, I am logging in successfully to InfoView using my AD account, this has been successfully setup using Kerberos.
 
It seems that anything outside of SQL is not working, I have also tested dbf files, which work fine from my local machine, but I get the following for dbf's:
 
Failed to load database information.
 
Any ideas where I can check?  None of my Access databases have usernames and passwords associated with them, so I'm not sure where to go from here.
 
Also, one more thing.  When I deploy the reports, I am going into CMC and specifying "Use same database logon as when report is run" and the ODBC connections are setup on the CRS server.....I'm stuck!!
 
IP IP Logged
JimNicholson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JimNicholson Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:35am
I was able to resolve this (sort of) by changing the data connection to ADO and getting rid of the ODBC connection.
 
ODBC reports seem to be the only ones that aren't running.  Odd, but useable.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum